Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Salmon and Fennel in Parchment - CSA Week 3

For a quick and healthy weeknight dinner, wild caught salmon is an excellent choice. Using this recipe from Simply Recipes for inspiration, I added some fresh dill and substituted olive oil for the butter. It was done in 30 minutes and tasted delish served over rice!

On a large piece of parchment paper, I placed the sliced fennel down first, followed by the salmon (skin side down). I seasoned the fish liberally with kosher salt and black pepper and then drizzled the whole thing with olive oil. I topped it off with lemon slices and then put a big bunch of fennel fronds on top. 


I wrapped up the whole package in parchment and sealed the edges to keep in the steam before throwing it in the oven on a cookie sheet.


Before serving, I removed the fennel fronds - they were only there to infuse flavor into the fish - and sprinkled liberally with fresh chopped dill.

This might be my favorite way to cook fennel yet! It was sweet and tender and lemony all at once. The perfect accompaniment to salmon. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment